Village Discussion Guide
PRACTICE: Proclaim God’s unfailing love in the morning and his faithfulness at night.
“It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name,O Most High, proclaiming your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night”
What did you experience? What did you learn?
When was it easy or hard to practice this?
Did you see or experience God in a different or new way?
What did you use (or could you use next time) as a reminder?
ie. bracelet, ring, written “X” on your wrist, note card,etc...
PRACTICE: "See a need and meet it."
Out of a place of compassion, Jesus spent His life meeting needs. Re-presenters of Jesus, followers of Jesus do the same.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.”
As a group, briefly read through the following passages. What types of serving do we see?
Luke 10:25-37 (Parable of the Good Samaritan)
Romans 12 (A Living Sacrifice)
1. What does it mean to love & serve someone?
2. How have you experienced a remarkable act of service?
3. What are some ways we know Jesus served?
4. If Jesus is at work everywhere we go, and we are following Him, then who does He want you to serve this week?
5. Who could your household (family, roomates, friends, etc.) love well/serve this week?
TEXT 10000minutes to 797979 and receive reminders during your week about practicing Jesus’ Invitations! We’ll talk about what we have learned next week in our Village!